What to do if you have a low grade?
I received a “D” or an “F” on my report card or progress report, now what?
What can I do so I will not get a D/F on my report card or progress report again?
- Be in class everyday and be attentive and listen to the teacher
- Do all your class work
- Do all of your homework (and remember to turn it in)
- Ask the teacher for help
- Make an appointment with the teacher for extra help, before school, lunch , or after school
- Ask friends for help.
- Get a tutor
- Always communicate with the teacher if you are having troubles
- Talk to your counselor/Assistant Principal if nothing works for you to raise your grade
Some things to keep in mind:
- You must have a 2.0 GPA to graduate
- You must have a 2.0 GPA to earn your lunch card
- You must have a 2.0 GPA to participate in sports
- If you fall too far behind in credits and/or GPA there is a chance you will be transferred to Alternative Education.
D/F Grades on your first or second semester report card
- If you receive an F in English or a D/F is IM 1 or IM 2 you will need to attend summer school to stay on track for graduation
- If we end up offering World or US History in summer school, you will need to attend summer school if you received an F in these classes to stay on track for graduation
- UC/CSU’s do not except a grade of D/F, so you may need to attend summer school or take the class again on independent study to repeat the course to earn a C or higher to qualify for admittance.